Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pangea Day 1

This week we hopped into a time machine and ended up on Pangea, in the time of the dinosaurs.  This is one of my favorite topics, because when I was little, I wanted to be a paleontologist.  Eva also loves dinos, so I know this will be a fun week!  Over the weekend, we finished our globe and played some dinosaur memory.  We also went to the BEA expo, which basically showcases what Bern has to offer.  I will make a post on that as well.  For today, we made a graph to compare how tall different dinosaurs are, we read about dinosaurs, and completed some more crafts.  The big project of the day was a dinosaur excavation project, where Eva spent HOURS without complaint digging out some dinosaur bones and then building a stegosaurus skeleton.  She was so focused!  A future  paleontologist perhaps?
Ready for a walk!  Already getting too big for my newborn clothes!

Finishing touches on our globe

Dino memory

I still live with my parents!  Still love this shirt we got from our friends Steph and John
I found this cool dino excavation kit at the store

Eva worked on this project for hours!
Our first glimpse at some bones!  Eva was so excited!


Finished!

A dino egg for hatching


Falling asleep in the sling

Our finished dino that Eva dug up!

Eva matched the dino to her information cards, and discovered she found a stegosaurus

Our homemade crackers

Dino crafts


Our books for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment